UPR Series mega through hole front-mounting air-operated chucks are ideal for oil pipe applications, utilizing the full capacity of the larger UPR’s through-hole. The UPR’s long jaw stroke accommodates various pipe/coupling sizes as well as stepped material gripping situations.
- Smaller and lighter models that reduce wear and tear on the spindle
- Higher RPM ratings due to compact profile design – enables shortened cycle and machining time
- Mega through hole
- Self-contained air chuck
- Long jaw stroke
- Jaw stroke and pressure sensing safety features
- Easy centering
1. Long jaw stroke and 2 – stage stroke
- Long jaw stroke – allows for several sizes of pipe to be gripped in one set-up. Work pieces with multiple diameters may also be gripped.
- 2-stage stroke – Two stroke speeds, rapid traverse and grip stroke, enable shortened clamping time.
2. Easy installation and maintenance due to simple construction
- Easy install and removal from machine.
- Easy adjustment of air supply ring. Readjustment is not necessary after initial install.
3. Built-in air cylinder
- Application for oil pipe, which can use full capacity of the through hole